- BLACK FRIDAY SPENDING SPREE (“COMPETITION”)COMPETITION TERMS & CONDITIONS (“T’s & C’s”)
Date these T’s and C’s were first published: 21 November 2018
Date these T’s and C’s were last changed: N/A
These Competition T’s & C’s, as may be amended from time to time, explain your rights and duties in respect of the Competition. If you take part in this Competition and/or accept any prize, these T’s and C’s will apply to you. Please read the T’s and C’s carefully and pay special attention to all the terms printed in bold.
Competition name: Black Friday Spending Spree Promoter’s details: This Competition is conducted and organized by the Mall @ Scottsville (“Mall”) and offered by Redefine Properties Limited (Registration Number: 1999/018591/06) (“Landlord”). In these T’s & C’s we refer to the above promoter(s) as “the Landlord” and the entrants as “the Participant(s)” or “you”. IMPORTANT INFORMATION Eligibility:
Who may enter the Competition?”
This Competition is open to any legal resident of the Republic of South Africa who is 18 years of age or older and who is in possession of a valid South African Identity document. Who cannot enter the Competition? The Competition may not be entered into by any director, member, partner, employee, agent, consultant, tenant of the Landlord at the Mall, the marketing service providers and/or any person who directly or indirectly controls or is controlled by these entities, including their spouses, life partners, business partners or immediate family members. Competition Period: The Competition runs from 23 November 2018 until 25 November 2018 (“Competition Period”).
Any entries received outside of the Competition Period will not be taken into consideration.
How to enter? To enter the Competition, a Participant will be required, for the duration of the Competition Period to:
I. visit the Mall;
II. spend an amount of R300 (Three Hundred Rands) or more, on a single till slip (“Till Slip”) at any store, outlet,
restaurant and/or leisure venue at the Mall, during 9h00- 18h00 on weekdays, 9h00-15h00 on Saturday and 9h00-14h00 on Sunday (“Trading Hours”); and
III. complete your name, email address and contact number (“Contact Details”) at the back of your Till Slip (“Entry”); and
IV. drop your Entry into any of the entry boxes located outside the Checkers and/or Food Lovers store at the Mall.
Upon compliance with (i) – (iv) above, a Participant will automatically be deemed to have entered the Competition.
Limitation on entries A Participant may enter as many times as he/she wishes during the Competition Period but can only win once. How will the Winner/s be selected? Once the Competition Period has expired, the Landlord will pick 50 (Fifty) winners (“Winner”) through a lucky draw which will be overseen by an independent auditor. Winner announced on: Winners will be contacted by the Landlord by no later than 5 December 2018. The prizes Each Winner will win a Mall branded cooler bag to the value of R 450.00 (Four Hundred and Fifty Rands) (“Prize), subject to the terms and conditions that may be imposed by the Landlord from time to time.
The prizes are not redeemable for cash, may not be changed or deferred or transferred to any person other than the person drawn for any reason whatsoever.
How will the Winner/s be informed? The Landlord will use all reasonable efforts to contact the Winner during Trading Hours either telephonically or via email on the contact number or email address provided by the Winner in respect of his/her Entry.
If the Landlord is unable to contact or reach the Winner within 7 (seven) days of announcing the Winners, the Entry by that person will be disqualified and a further random drawing will be conducted by the Landlord to determine another Winner. That Winner will also be contacted by the Landlord via email or telephonically, as soon as reasonably practicable.
a. First name and surname;
b. Physical address;
c. Email address;
d. Mobile number; and/or
e. Images/ photographs.
Personal information which a Participant provides to the Landlord when entering the Competition, may, subject to prevailing law, be used for future marketing activity by the Landlord, unless the Participant duly notifies the Landlord that he/she wishes to opt out of receiving such marketing communications. The Landlord warrants that the personal information will be treated in a confidential manner and will not be shared with any unauthorised third parties. The Landlord will disclose the personal information only if required to do so by law.
Platform where these T’s & C’s can be found: For the duration of the Competition Period, a copy of these T’s and C’s can, at no cost –
4.1.1 be found on the following website
4.1.2 be obtained from centre management during Trading
4.1.3 be requested telephonically on telephone number 033 345 4917.
General terms 1. The Landlord reserves the right to terminate the Competition with immediate effect before the end of the Competition Period at any time, if deemed necessary in its sole discretion or if circumstances arise outside of its control. No Participant will have any claim against the Landlord for such a termination.
2. The Landlord shall not be responsible for any lost, illegible or misdirected entries.
3. Participation in the Competition constitutes automatic acceptance of the T’s and C’s contained herein and the Participant agrees to abide by the T’s and C’s.
4. Winners may not win any Mall Competition more than once in a 30-day period. Any winners drawn who have won in the last 30 days will be disqualified from any such Competition and another winner will be drawn.
5. All Winners in respect of the Competition may be requested to be photographed so that their photographs may be used for future promotional purposes in relation to the Mall. Promoting platforms will include the Mall Facebook page, website page and shopping centre retail industry publications. No fees will be payable in this regard. The Winners will be given the opportunity to decline the publication of their images.
6. The Landlord does not make any representations or give any warranties, whether express or implicit, that the Participant’s participation in this Competition will necessarily result in the Participant winning a prize or that the aforesaid Prizes will meet the Participant’s unique requirements, preferences, standards or expectations.
7. To the extent permissible in law, the Landlord is not responsible and cannot be held liable for any accident, injury, harm, death, loss or damages of whatsoever nature, howsoever arising, as a result of the Participant’s participation in this Competition, unless the Landlord acted fraudulently or with gross negligence.
8. Participants are obliged to comply with all applicable laws, including those laws protecting the intellectual property rights of other parties.
9. These T’s and C’s will be construed, interpreted and enforced in terms of South African law.
10. The Landlord will make a final and binding decision in respect of all matters relating to the results, qualifiers and disputes relating to the Competition, and no correspondence will be entered into.
Amendment of T’s and C’s If considered necessary, the Landlord reserves the right to amend the T’s and C’s by providing reasonable prior notice. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding the Competition are to be directed to: Name : Jane Pillay (Marketing Manager)
Telephone : 033 345 4917
Email : JaneP@redefine.co.za